July 7 and 8, 2018
(63th Annual Kansas City Pattern Contest)
Sponsored by KCRC, Lake Jacomo Field
First Flight 11:00 AM (sun in box, 10AM if cloudy)
Registration Begins 9:00 AM
- 400 foot paved and grass runways, North-South
- Concession stand at field.
- Awards for 1st , 2nd , 3rd in each class. Classes flown will be NSRCA Club Class, 401, 402,403, 404, and FAI
- Flying 6 rounds, 4 rounds on Saturday. (Club Class and Sportsman flown together)
- Proof of current AMA membership required. Contest is AMA sanctioned.
- All events will be flown according to current AMA Competition Regulations Rulebook.
- FAI-F3A will fly current P-Schedule. F-Schedule only if all FAI pilots agree.
- Contestants will be expected to be prepared for contestant judging.
- Club Class and Sportsman: Any AMA-legal models less than 55 lbs allowed. Please see the Club Class video and Sportsmen sequences at https://nsrca.us/index.php/sequences
- Field open for practice on Friday afternoon before the contest.
Entry Fee: $40. Includes lunches for pilots both days. All Sportsman/Club Class pilots $20.
Specifics for Club Class and Sportsmen pilots: Club Class and Sportsmen will be flown and judged together in the same rounds. Tell the judges what class you are flying as you give them your score sheets prior to taking off. Plaques will be given to top three pilots in each class. Take some time to review the sequences and watch the Club Class video if this is your first contest. Welcome aboard !
Directions: The field is on Rennau Drive, off NE Woods Chapel RD, in Blue Springs, MO. Take exit 12 off 470 Hwy and go east approx. 1/2 mile to Rennau Drive. The field is on the east side of Rennau Dr, opposite the soccer fields. If you get to the stop sign at the Sheriff’s station, you’ve gone too far.
HOTEL/MOTEL INFORMATION: I suggest to use your preferred search engine. There is a Comfort Inn at Exit 12, but there are several others within 1-3 miles. There is a Fairfield one mile south on Hwy 291, and a Hampton 3 miles southwest at Douglas Street. There are others.